Ok, I'm really excited to share this with you today - how to create your very own beautiful scrolly-script handwritten logo using Photoshop in minutes.
Please enjoy this live video tutorial, as usual it is unscripted and a little poor quality on the sound so I do apologise! I will record a clearer one soon but wanted to get this out as I know so many are wishing to know this super secret and easy trick!
- Step 1: Download the Sugarlands Script Brush Set (I'm not affiliated, I just adore this brush set!)
- Step 2: Open the brushes in Photoshop or Elements (double click them)
- Step 3: Create a new image (the larger the better, you want your logo to be as high-res as possible for future use as this will be a raster image, not a vector You can always shrink it after as needed)
- Step 4: Select the brush tool on 100 opacity of your chosen color. Create a new layer for each letter/embellishment and away you go!
- #TIP you can use Free Transform (CMND/CTRL + T) to resize your letters and rotate to fit)
- #TIP you can use layer styles to change the colour/add a stroke in the case of the circle or add a shadow etc. This is non-destructive and totally changeable.
- #TIP: Back your logo up and save in all sizes and formats for use. I recommend:
- Full size PSD
- Transparent Background PNG at 2500px for watermarking and CD/USB print
- Transparent background PNG at 1000px for web use
- Black, White and your colour choice variations
- White Background JPG at 2500 px for other use
- White Background JPG at full size for other use
- Your colour choice background JPG for other use
- Full size PDF file for publications, signs and stationary etc
Enjoy creating your beautiful logo and don't forget to sign up to my mailing list below for more tips and tutorials like this :-) Oh and, as if I don't ask enough - I always appreciate a comment on my blog! It's like a little pick me up when coffee isn't enough ha.